Proofreading Your Resume
These resume tips will help
you write a resume that is
professional, polished, and perfect.
Avoid Spelling Mistakes
• Carefully read every word in your resume. Spelling
errors can automatically disqualify a resume from
consideration. Regardless of your qualifications
and experience, if you make mistakes on your
resume, hiring managers will assume you will
be equally careless on the job.
• Have a friend proofread your resume for you.
Avoid Punctuation Mistakes
• Be consistent in your use of punctuation.
• Avoid using exclamation points.
• Check for periods at the end of all full sentences.
Avoid Grammatical Mistakes
• Do not switch tenses within your resume - be sure
they are consistent for each job you list.
• Make sure your date formats are consistent.
Professional Resume Writing
Please Note: The content of this article can be forwarded, published, printed and distributed without the consent of the owner of
Perfect Editing Solutions. However, the URL (http://www.perfectediting.com) must be mentioned wherever this article is reproduced.